Geography and History are taught to all KS3 students with Y9 studying for the Entry Pathways Award, Certificate or Diploma. The Entry Pathways course in Humanities incorporates Geography and History.
Year 9 Topics covered include:
· Volcanoes, earthquakes and Tsunamis
· Tourism and Fragile Environments
· The Changing Population of the UK
· A study of British Society
· A study of as non-British Society
Y7/8 study the following topics in Geography:
· Making Connections
· Exploring England
· World Sport
· Weather Patterns in Europe
In History the Y7/8 programme covers:
· What is History?
· World War I
· Medieval Monarchs
· Medieval Life
· Elizabeth I
· A local study
For more information please contact Mrs O'Meara.