Ofsted 2014: 'One student, expressing the views of others stated, 'We feel safe at school and receive an educational hug when we are here'.
Also from the Ofsted 2014 report: 'The school provides a calm harmonious place for learning'.
"Having our child at Joseph Paxton now gives us a stable routine and enables our family to feel that a safe understanding environment is provided". (Parent Quote).
Wirral Hospitals’ School is committed to providing a ‘Safe and Supportive Environment’.
Our school's Designated Safeguarding Lead is Vicki Tranter, who is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. In overall charge and supervision of all Safeguarding issues is Mr Arrowsmith, Headteacher.
Safeguarding is of paramount importance to all staff and this is ensured by implementing the following safeguarding policy, procedures and practise:
- The single central record and checks on adults
- Safer recruitment and selection
- Management responsibilities
- Keeping records
- Multi – agency working
- Monitoring children who are missing from education
- Cultural Awareness
- Managing allegations
- Pupils and parent voice
- The Curriculum
- Safe, secure school site
- School self assessment and the inspection of Safeguarding
- Monitoring of online safety using the e-Safe monitoring system
- e-Safety, Cyber Bullying, Personal Safety Awareness, CEOPS
- Raising awareness of concerns, such as CSE, County Lines issues etc. with all staff