"Working together to make everything better"

Foodbanks and Financial Support

During the coronavirus outbreak, Wirral Foodbank is continuing to support people with emergency food, but they are running a reduced service due to measures put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.

They have reduced the number of centres providing food support but will continue to provide help wherever possible. The Fuelbank scheme has been suspended to minimise the amount of client/volunteer interaction. For further details, visit their website.

There's an update on the services from the Feeding Birkenhead, Supporting Wirral Network here and an outline of the Emergency Food Network being set up to support all of our efforts to get food and household supplies to where they will be needed in the weeks ahead.

Fed Up Wallasey's Social Supermarkets and Food Hubs are still open (timetable here) and they are looking at other ways that they can ensure those in need have sufficient food during this time.

National charity Turn2Us have updated their Benefits Calculator to reflect the recent changes to Universal Credit and ESA, announced by the Government in response to the coronavirus. They also have a grants search tool and information and advice on finances and the coronavirus. Further details available here.

Citizens Advice Wirral are pleased to continue to deliver information and advice to Wirral residents. Their Ask Us Wirral information and advice service is being delivered by phone or email and includes specialist benefits, debt and housing advice. To access Ask Us Wirral phone 0300 33 00 111 Please note the phone lines are likely to be busy and you may need to leave a message and they can get back to you. If you can’t get through on the local number, you can try the National Citizens Advice number 03444 111 444. 

For Information about sick pay, your rights if you are off sick, self-isolating or home working and other useful information about what Coronavirus what it means to you go to www.citizensadvice.org.uk/health/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you/.

If you have now become unemployed or are self-employed but your income has dropped please call the Help to Claim team on 0800 144 8444.